We specialize in vehicle suspension
Want to control your vehicle? Yeah, we want that for you too! Your suspension serves a number of purposes to help you ensure that you can safely control your vehicle and keep a smooth ride.
Your shocks and struts are filled with hydraulic fluid and inert gas. So when you go over a bump, instead of the vehicle shaking, the fluid in the strut compresses. The part of the vehicle where you sit (the cabin) doesn't feel the bump as noticeably, since the fluid just compresses and allows the tire to elevate - without you necessarily feeling anything. In addition, this process keeps the tire more flat on the road, so the downward pressure on the tire is not reduced because of a bump or pothole. This improves handling and reduces braking distance.
Or call: 408-418-2111!
Of course, those aren't the only suspension components - they're just the ones that most frequently require replacement. As your vehicle experiences more wear and tear, you might also want to inspect:
- Wheel Bearings, which help the wheels spin without creating lots of friction
- Control arms, which connect the frame or body of a car to the steering system
- CV (Constant Velocity) Axles, which is the axle that the tires actually spin on
- Sway bar, which helps keep the car from leaning when a vehicle is turning
- And more, including boots, joints, and bushings that help tie the components above together